The following bible verse is on the cover of each Arabic bible “…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus…” Romans 3:23-24. – Kingdom Ministries Bendigo Ltd is pleased to announce the commencement Arabic lessons this week in Bendigo with Hanan Weatherall.
The language being taught is conversational Egyptian Arabic because it’s the easiest form of Arabic to learn. Australians may not know that Egypt is to the Arab world what America is to the English-speaking world – the dominant cultural influence and major producer of TV entertainment. Wherever people are watching TV in the Middle East it’s a sure thing that they’re watching Egyptian movies and are very familiar with the Egyptian accent.
Whatever your reasons for wanting to learn Arabic, we look forward to helping Allan and Hanan Weatherall serving the Bendigo community with Arabic language tuition.
Hanan (Egyptian) married to Allan (Australian) both desire to try to bridge cultural divisions by enabling the Bendigo community to better understand the true beauty of Arab culture and language. Arabic is a beautiful, exotic, poetic and romantic ancient language that is full of emotion and beautiful expressions. There are many beautiful ancient Arabic proverbs that express practical wisdom that predate both Christianity and Islam.
Of course there are many reasons why people want to learn Arabic. For example:
- Travel: Even very basic language skills makes a journey overseas more enjoyable and interesting as you connect with local people.
- Business: Diplomacy, international trade and commerce. Australia exports many products to the Middle East.
- Healthcare: Communicating with Arabic-speaking patients.
- Education: School, home-schooling or university courses (LOTE).
- Social work: Building bridges to new arrivals such as asylum-seekers and new arrivals from the Middle East.
- Missions: Missionaries seeking to communicate and culturally integrate in Middle Eastern countries.
- A general love of languages.
Come and enjoy Arabic language lessons in an informal, fun, group setting among friends. Hanan will teach you about the beauty of Arab culture and how to build cross-cultural friendships using conversational Arabic. Sessions begin with prayer and a short inspirational message. Bring a pen and notebook. An offering will be taken to cover tuition costs. For more information call Allan Weatherall on 0418 319 368.